Statewide Heat Pump Program
VRF Solutions can make your business energy efficient. Take advantage of the New York State Clean Energy Program.
Clean Heating and Cooling Solutions (Heat Pumps)
Heat pumps provide a clean, cost-effective alternative for heating and cooling. Heat pumps are a more efficient heating and cooling option that eliminate fossil fuels, can provide up to 100 percent of your heating and cooling needs, and help you save on your energy bills.
NYS Clean Heat Incentives
Through the NYS Clean Heat program, electric utility companies offer rebates on both air and ground source heat pumps. Visit your electric company’s website or reach out to them to learn more. If you are a customer of a municipal electric utility, check with your utility to learn about any programs it may offer.
How Do They Work?
Heat pumps draw heat from the environment and moving it indoors to heat your home in the winter or moving it outdoors to cool your home during the summer months. A heat pump can significantly reduce energy usage, leading to long-term overall savings by lowering maintenance costs and utility bills.
- A Clean Business. Unlike oil or propane, heat pumps don’t require combustion of fossil fuels or fuel storage, eliminating the potential release of carbon monoxide while improving your home’s air quality.
- Efficient heating and cooling. Heat pumps are very energy efficient—they extract more energy than they consume by moving the existing heat from one place to another.
- Greater control of your comfort. Heat pumps provide whisper-quiet, even heating and cooling regardless of the season.
- Convenience and longevity. Heat pumps last longer than conventional furnaces and air conditioners and require minimal maintenance. By switching to a heat pump, you’ll eliminate the need for a window A/C and, if you currently heat your home with oil or propane, you’ll never have to deal with the hassle of scheduling fuel deliveries again.
Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps (ASHPs transfer heat between the inside of a building and the outside air while creating a more comfortable indoor environment. Recent technological advancements in ASHPs make them a strong alternative to conventional heating in colder regions like New York State. ASHPs can be installed in spaces with ductwork (central systems) or spaces without ductwork (ductless mini-split systems) making them a great solution for any space.
- Read why an air source heat pump is a better choice [PDF]
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground source heat pumps (also known as geothermal) are a particularly good heating and cooling option if you’re planning a major renovation or building a new home. Rather than producing heat through the combustion of fossil fuels, ground source heat pumps efficiently extract heat from the ground during cold weather and distribute it throughout your home. During warmer months, the process is reversed to provide cooling.
- Lower and less volatile annual energy bills, especially for customers with fixed or low- to moderate-income and service-oriented institutions like non-profits, schools, community centers, and houses of worship
- Greater resiliency and reliability during disruptions to grid-connected heating and cooling sources
- More comfort and health because of added air conditioning and improved indoor air quality delivered by this emissions-free technology
- A long-term solution to heating and cooling needs that they will likely find easier to maintain than alternatives
Call us today for more information.